Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Temporary Hiatus on Posting

To all those faithful blog readers (if there are any)...

First of all, I apologize for not updating my posts on Switzerland, Munich, and Cesky Krumlov. When I was in Switzerland, I didn't have a steady internet connection. Then, as I was leaving Switzerland, my laptop computer's AC adapter broke, rendering it a useless hunk of metal that I'm no longer able to blog on. I'm now forced to pay steep fees for internet, or share a very slow computer with about 300 other people, making it nearly impossible to use. I'm currently searching for a formidable replacement charger, but they're pretty hard to come by over here. I've visited multiple shops (one even during a public transportation strike, which was a nightmare), but to no avail. If I can't find a charger, it may be the end to my blogging career as we know it (well, until I get home anyway). However, I am exhausting every resource I know of to find a way out of this predicament. One scenario even involved me performing open surgery on the adapter plug, using paper clips and a Swiss army knife to override a blown fuse, which was the root of my problems. As evident by this post, however, it didn't work. Once I do find a way to charge my computer, or a computer that I can use for hours on end free of charge, I will update every blog entry, and include entries on Venice and Rome, where I am now. Please bear with me, and check back after a few days. I have lots to talk about, especially with Switzerland... I took more than 700 pictures in four days there (twice more than any other place I've yet been to). Until then, wish me luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandon...I miss your blogs!!! Looks like you'll be back up and running soon if the shipment of the charger goes as planned. Dad did a good job locating you one from the manufacturer. You'll need a couple days just to update your blogs...it will be worth it though. People are missing reading about your adventures, unbeknownst to you. Get back up soon, till next blog..stay safe..love you, mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandon - There are many blog readers, more than you know! I really am missing keeping up with your travels. Hopefully you will get your charger and get back to blogging. Have fun and stay safe. Love Aunt Donna

Bill C said...

Brandon,

Hope the part has arrived, your dad and I were talking about it's arrival in Spain today. You have had quite the adventure, it had my hair sticking up on my neck looking at your last blog. Have enjoyed your updates and pictures throughout your trip, look forward to your last 2 weeks.

Bill

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandon, What the heck is TAKING YOU SO LONG to update your site, man??? Your dad just told me you're SIX HOURS AHEAD of us, so you really should have done this by our last night, mister! Look, I've referenced your website to about a dozen other good friend by now, and I'm just trying to speak on their behalf so you don't get a dozen other impatient messages, so be grateful. I mean, not to put any pressure on you or anything, but inquring minds want to know!

Although limited "free" time has prevented me reading about your entire trip, I've really enjoyed reading your posts. Methinks you've pleasantly surprised a lot of folks with your writing ... I hope you find a way to incorporate that into whatever you want to be when you grow up (relatively speaking, of course).

Looking forward to your next "blog" ...

-ELG

P.S. Did you know your dear old dad brought me a bag of Moose Droppings from Maine? Sweet!

P.P.S. I tried to write to you via gmail but it didn't go -- whazzup?

Anonymous said...

Wow Brandon looks like you have quite a fanbase patiently waiting for your next update. I hope the part arrived in good condition.
The Hostel in Barcelona looks nice, from the website it looks like it is close to the water.Hope all is well, write when you can.
Papa.